[Dailydrool] Evil Annie's peeing

sandstorm16 at juno.com sandstorm16 at juno.com
Sat Aug 20 07:24:58 PDT 2011

Hi Marlene--

Penny Lynn was having some of the same problems as Annie. Be sure your
vet takes an x-ray to look for stones in the bladder. Not rocks-type
stones, but the ones the body can manufacture. That was Penny's problem.
She needed a surgery to remove them. At 12 1/2 we were worried about her
going under, but Annie is young and shouldn't have a problem. Penny is
being transitioned onto Royal Canin Urinary SO food from her regular
food, as this vet food is supposed to suppress the manufacture of more
stones. She is also taking Proin to help tighten up her sphincter. Penny
is doing well, likes the new food, and unless the peeing/flooding
continues after a few months we will not need to do the test for
Cushings. The vet told us that there is a new med for Cushings though,
that seems to work better and have fewer side effects than previous meds.
We were also told that Cushings is a manageable disease, should that be
the case.

We wish Annie the best and are sending lots of drool to her and a little
"whine" drool to you as well.

Supercyberhugs and drool to all in need,
Sandy and Penny Lynn ((moi feels mucho bedder since my long sleepy day at
the vets! daMom gots to keep da stones (minus 1 witch wuz sent to be
anal-ized) so she can bronze dem and put dem wit moi's pawprint, or meke
a necklace or sumthin))