[Dailydrool] Hugging

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 21 23:55:55 PDT 2011

Clara loves to be hugged. She is like a small child, if I am sitting on the sofa or lying on my bed she is on my lap or lying beside me and never happier than if I put my arms round her. She was like this when she came to us. She also will fold her front paws around my hand and wrist, then lay her head on top. I think that's her way of  hugging me.

Rolph does not cuddle. He stays close, he enjoys an ear scritch or belly rub, but that's it - unless he is worried or sick. Then, he stomps over, climbs up beside me and slams his head on my lap in a very determined way and gives a look as if to say "I can if I want, so there!" He will allow me to put my arms around him, but looks very pained indeed - so I don't.

Much drool being sent to the bereaved and sick.

Sally, with Pw Rolph OEBE and Clara, UK