[Dailydrool] cool laser

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 14:15:35 PDT 2011

Llewis had the laser treatments on his back and hip. Due to his congenital
deformities he sometimes ends up kind of bent in a semi-circle. So far we
have loosened him up with rimadyl and muscle relaxers except for this one
time. I will probably do it again sometime this year or early next year, as
he grows older he is less loose than he was and I can see we may have a
heavy-duty problem ahead. He stumbles going out the back door of this house
as the threshold is metal and slants downward somewhat, probably collateral
damage from the assh----uh---previous tennant who kicked in both the front
and back doors and also seriously dented the icebox. (Boy--"icebox" really
dates me, doesn't it?) Anyway so it is bent and both Llewis and Cooper have
fallen when their feet slip on it.
Llewis also is allergic to fish so I do not give him glucosamine. Every time
I have tried he has gotten sick.
Stem cell Magic is being used with race horses and has been for some time.
They use it for musculoskeletal disorders and also for large open wounds. If
you think bandaging a Basset is a challenge, try it on an 1100 pound,
hyperactive, semi-hysterical thoroughbred. Application of stem cells
apparently helps build a platform on which tissue may granulate quicker and
cleaner. If I understand the article correctly, and I may not.

I made an interesting (to me, anyway) non-basset discovery today. I received
a frantic phone call that a skylight in the upstairs bathroom at the REAL
house was leaking (it was pouring rain and thundering. Cooper had had his
Composure and was wearing his Thundershirt but was still in a bit of a
tizzy.) I needed to go over there, and John was not home. I knew I couldn't
leave Cooper alone in the house (Basset brothers do not count for this.) So
I put him in his crate in the Van and drove over, left him in the Van while
I went to see what was going on. In the 15 mins or so that I was gone the
thunder really picked up. I was very concerned and as soon as I could rushed
out to see what Cooper was doing. He was on his side in his crate sound
asleep, the thunder crashing overhead. He felt perfectly safe in that crate
in that Van. Amazing. STrange.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Strange Cooper