[Dailydrool] Week at Camp

Janice Colvin jhenrycolvin75 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 20:22:56 PDT 2011

I just got back from a week spent with my 3 grandsons in the N. Cascades
Wilderness at a camp which was formerly the Holden Copper Mine.  Note to
self: bassets much easier to take care of than 3 human boys.

Roland, Truman, and interloper Data the basset were all so happy to see me
that I was almost smothered with affection when I returned.  Not so much
Data the Beagle.  He chose to sleep downstairs, away from the bassets and
me.

My DH said that Data and Truman were getting to be best buds.  That may be
the case, but the evidence (several bites on Data's ears) say otherwise.

Truman and Roland are the best bassets ever.  Snuggling with a 60 lb. basset
on a 96 degree day in Salem OR is a little warm though.  Drool to all those
bassets and slaves who need a little extra TLC now.

Janice with Roland, OEBE Potentate, Truman, and Data the Darn Beagle

--
Janice Henry Colvin