[Dailydrool] Smokey Bones!

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Sat Aug 20 16:07:23 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Senior Houndsabound did an event today out at Smokey Bones in East Orlando.
While it was very hot,  the 5 Bassets that went out to meet and greet had
the best spot in the patio area.

We had a canopy over them,  within an x-pen and 2 portable AC units blowing
into it.  Didn't take them too long to figure out where the best spots to
sit were.

A lot of the time they were out meeting folks,  we had several volunteers
there helping out and lots of folks stopping to say hello and donate..okay,
with a donation, you got a coupon for free beer.  And I was generous with
the coupons!

We were there from about noon till 4pm  and between the silent auction,
raffles and a few sales of logo wear,  we came home with about $650.  We had
about 8-10 volunteers come out to help and I could not do this without them!
They are awesome!

East Orlando Animal Hospital also came out to be at the event,  they are our
vet of choice, so was very happy to have them there.

Eddie,  Duke and Duchess,  Noah, and Lucas represented the Bounders.  They
enjoyed it, but I know they were ready to load up and come home.

We have all just eaten,  I am about to shower and possibly join them for a
nap.

I don't know if all Smokey Bones are starting to do this,  but  this
particular one is doing a rescue each month.  Good PR and as a surprise, we
raised a bit of cash for the Bounders.

Have a great weekend everyone,  drool to those in need!
wen and the Bounders

www.seniorhoundsabound.org

PS.and NO,  there were no white boxes  that came home with us, but some
barbecued turkey was shared among the Bounders