[Dailydrool] Wino Hounds, Hugs and Sympathies

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Mon Aug 22 13:29:41 PDT 2011

My deepest heart felt sympathies to all of those that their precious houndies have made thier journey to the bridge.  Curly, Toby & the famous BobtheDog may you live forever in the magic of your family and the daily drools memories.

Yes Dale I think that most Bassets will steal a sip or two or three of beer, or wine. All of mine to include the Fab 5 ATB have done it at least once.  And as for the Bad A** Basset Brothers....well all I can say is don't leave your wine class unattended around them where they can get it.  They have sneaked sips as we sat on the patio, I sat my glass down beside me to pet one while the other got himself a few sips.  Colt has gotten up on the couch arm to reach the wine glass that was sitting on the end table while I made a trip to go to the bathroom or to answer the phone.  They are sneaky little hounds!!!

As for hugging, both of mine like it...Colt loves it.  Both will climb in my lap and lay their head on my shoulded.  Colt more so than Ruger but Ruger at least once a day crawls into my lap for his snuggle time.  When we first got Ruger from the breeded he was kind of standoffish.  Never gave up the belly and would give you the hairy eyeball if you sat beside him to hug and snuggle.  But as time passed I think he realized that playing the tough guy wasn't as good as getting snuggles, & belly rubs.  Colt has always been a my little basset teddy bear, but now Ruger has started to jockey for prime momma position and at times (more and more recently) I have had both hounds laying across my lap as I watch TV.

Love & Drool to all.
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt "is it snuggle time"
Ruger "don't ruin my bad a** reputation by posting I now like to hug and snuggle"

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...