[Dailydrool] Glucosamine chondroitin or SOD boswellia?

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Tue Aug 23 14:50:37 PDT 2011

Young Charlie was born with front feet and legs that are so crooked
and misshapen that when he lies down and crosses his front paws, they
look as if they're finally on the correct legs. When he stands up, he
has a perfect first position, except that he rolls in terribly over
his insteps. In ballet, this is a sign of poor technique, and I'm
afraid it's going to keep him out of the company.

Lately it seems as if his rolling in has become more pronounced and
his crooked right front leg is jutting out over his ankle a little
more. I've also noticed that he's been walking more slowly on the
leash. I don't know whether this is because he's my little engineer
who has to carefully examine everything in his path with his nose or
whether it's because his front legs and feet are making it harder or
more painful for him to walk faster. Or maybe he's slow because it's
still so stinking hot outside. I know the heat slows me down
considerably.

So now I've been wondering what to do. Should I try SOD boswellia or
glucosamine/chondroitin? Should I have the vet check Charlie for
arthritis? Should I take a wait-and-see approach? Perhaps Charlie
really is just slow-poking along merely because he feels compelled to
smell every single blade of grass? But maybe he's feeling achy in his
joints... I wonder if consulting a pet communicator should be my
first step? (I wrote that last only half in jest!)

Words of wisdom would be much appreciated!

Elizabeth