[Dailydrool] a food question?

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Wed Aug 24 17:35:26 PDT 2011

Pixel (age 11) and Browser (age 8) have been on Senior Lotus for one year.
 When they recently had their senior panels, there was some slight protein
found in their urine.  Their blood pressures are fine and all other measures
in their panel are normal.  We switched them from Innova because when the
company was bought out by P&G, we thought they were going to change the
formula which to date they have not it seems.

Lotus reads "18-20% minimum protein.  Our vet said that does not really tell
how much protein there really is in the food.  He said the ingredients were
excellent, although the food does not have the veterinary sign of approval.
 He has placed them on Science Diet KD tapering off Lotus for one month and
then we will have them rechecked. We really would only use Science Diet for
a month as really do not like it.

  Nothing else in their diet has changed at all.

I do not want to start a "food war" but just wanted to know if anyone has
had experience with Senior Lotus dry/baked food?  We do want them on a
holistic food.

Sally Russell