[Dailydrool] Cry Wolf...werewolf!

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Thu Aug 25 12:24:16 PDT 2011

Colt woofing in.  So Saturday's is supposed to be mine and Ruger time to spend with mom and dad...but this past Saturday they disappeared, said they were going to something called a wolf preserve and Auntie Val came over to give us yard time throughout the day until parent slaves finally got back home.  So we were happy to see them and OH MY doG did mom smell of something wild!  Wild Wolf...she must have laid down and slept with the whole pack of them. So then on closer inspection we found that some she-wolf had slobbered all over our momma & even her face. And she had a couple of small wolf bites and scratches on her.  We overheard her talking to GrandPaw, telling him that she had been "loved mauled by a wolf!"  Ruger and I getting a little scared...Full moon being just a few weeks away and momma might turn into a werewolf!!! We watch Twillight and Vampire Diary's ...we know about this stuff.  So We ask basset brethern...How do we protect ourselves from a momma werewolf?  Will she try to eat us? Please Help!!! We are mighty warriors againts the Squirrelstans and the Rat-al-ban but werewolves is a little out of our expertise.

Momma here.  Yes Hubby & I did go to a wolf preserve to help build fences for a volunteer gig.  They let us go into the wolf enclosure and a female wolf named GrayCloud took a liking to me with full on face mouthing/greetings.  Apparently this is how wolves greet other wolves that they like. Everyone else that was with me she just mouthed their ears and licked the side of their face.  But with me it was full frontal face mouthing. It was very cool to have a wolf like you so much but a little scary to feel those huge jaws and teeth on your face. Colt will mouth my hand and sometimes my chin so I am a little use to being mouthed...but with GreyCloud that mouth and teeth are a lot larger and a  lot stronger than Colt's.  GreyCloud did make 2 tiny breaks in my skin just to the side of the bridge of my nose and one on the lower lip.  Nothing serious and not that she did it intentionally...just my skin is not as tough as a wolf's. My face was a little sore for a few days but it was so worth it to have that type of encounter with a wolf.  I also had a couple of scratches on my shoulder from where she put her front paws on me to get face to face with me. But nothing more then Colt or Ruger have put on my legs when they have jumped up on me.

Drool to all the sick hounds and humans.  Heart felt sympathies to all of those that have lost a beloved pet to the bridge.
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt "What about wolvesbane?"
Ruger "Yeah thats in momma's special cabinet"
Colt "Garlic?"
Ruger "No that's vampires"
Colt "Holy Water & Crucifix?"
Ruger "No that's Vampires"
Colt "What else protects from Werewolves?"
Ruger "Silver Bullets"
Colt " You mean we have to shoot the momma? RUGER!!! We can't", I just hide from her in my kennel"
Ruger "That not strong enough to procect from a werewolf attack"
Colt "Melt down momma's silver and get the gun we going werewolf hunting"