[Dailydrool] Bassets, Bassets and more Bassets

Sandy Videen bassetsplash at msn.com
Sat Aug 27 22:30:52 PDT 2011

Hi all houndies,

Buck Ahrooo here.  I haven't posted in a long time because my pawsies just don't seem to type like they used to.  I have news from our home.  Well, my two-legged mom has a knack for finding people who don't want their beloved Bassets any longer and ask her to take them because they know my two-leggers spoil us something grand.  In May we acquired a beautiful tri-colored 4 month old basset girl, named Gracie Mae.  Lovely pup, but she drives me, at the age of 14 crazy.  She wants to play, and I am just not interested.  Now my wonderful quiet home, with my 2 wannabe brothers is turned upside down with this cutie.  I have to say she sure has livened our household up.  Running, playing and even talking back to me when I put my kingly paw down.  But, she is a baby yet and I guess I have to help her and show her the way to being a good Basset.

Now yesterday my two-legger mom got a call and was asked if she would take another Basset girl.  Honestly, does mom have "Basset Rescue" tattooed on her forehead?  Where are these people coming from?  Grrrrrrrrr.  Well, needless to say we now have HoneyB who is a lovely 6 year old lemon Basset.  I really feel sorry for her because she just does not know what to do with all the hounds in my house.  Her mom had to give her up because she lost her job and their house and where they were moving to HoneyB just could not go.  I must say she is a quiet one.  HoneyB has manners, and doesn't bother me at all.  At lease she is keeping the pup, Gracie, out of my hair.  So there is some good in all this.

We have a problem though.  In our little town we are only supposed to have 2 hounds (dogs).  When we moved here 7 years ago we had 4 - my sister Daisy who is at the bridge now, myself, Barney Blue the 12 year old doxie, and Charlie Brown our mutt rescue who we have had now for 10 years (we think is about 12 also).Now we have Gracie and HoneyB.  I heard mom saying that she would really like to find a good home for HoneyB, someone with kids and room to run and play.  Dad says that we need to find a new palace and move to a farm where we can keep all of us.  We have wonderful two-legged slaves and I can't imagine them giving HoneyB to anyone else.

If anyone out there is looking for a Basset to love and be loved by, let my mommy slave know.  She will send you pictures if you are interested.  We live in Minnesota and would love to hear from someone in our area.    email us :  bassetstitches at q.com  or bassetsplash at gmail.com

I must go for now.  I have to referee the girls now.  They are running a 4 legged race though the house.  I like to cheer them on.  Mommy says I woof too much, but I do it anyway. hehehehehehee.

Slurps and drools to you all.
Buck Ahrooo Basset