[Dailydrool] Going White?

Eva Swiger evaswiger at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 30 11:09:06 PDT 2011

Hello, Droolers,

Our Penny girl is only 4 1/2 years old, beautiful tri-color, with a mostly brown snooter with some white right around her nose and a few freckles.  We've just recently noticed that the brown parts are getting a little lighter, with more super-light brown-to-white fur, rather than the beautiful rich reddish-brown she's always had.  When did your houndies start going a little white, and is this normal?  I'm figuring it probably is, as many of the more mature hounds I've seen are much lighter, look almost a little faded.  I just didn't expect to see her rich coloring start to fade while she's still so young.

Also, it's not possible she's older than we think -- we got her at 8 weeks old from a breeder.  I imagine that may be the case for many rescues where their history might not be entirely known.

Drool to all in need,

Eva & Penny (& Sammy the English Bulldog)