[Dailydrool] Fun with Ben

DDropp at aol.com DDropp at aol.com
Tue Aug 30 19:43:17 PDT 2011

As you know we have been having fun with Ben and eating. We finally got him
 eating Back to Basic's pork flavor with Evanger's canned pork. He has not
been  eating it without some prodding. Well, as we look back, Ben has been
scratching  a bit more that usual, especially his left ear, and licking his
paws and tail.  It finally came to a head two weeks ago, so we headed off to
the vet. Checked  him over, ears clean and everything is normal. So we
switch dry foods. No  change, so we quit the canned food and add grilled chicken
to the new dry, and  go to the vet. So now he is on Benedryl, 50mg, 3 times
a day. It seems to be  working, but will need a day or two more. I hope it
works. The funny thing is in  four years, he has never done this. Will
probably go back to the canned food  now, as do not want to be grilling chicken
for him every day. Took him for a  nice walk today. He walked fine on the
first half, but them I wanted to head for  home and he did not. I won the
direction fight, but lost the walk. He walked so  slow on the way back, and made
sure to smell all the sidewalks and grass blades  he could. He made a 8 block
walk into one that lasted for over an hour. Towards  the end, I wanted to
carry him home.

Douglas

We  also want to send drool to all the east coast drools caught in  Irene's
fury.  Hope you all are safe and have not lost everything.   Drool and
prayers going out to Bel and Pixel.  Hope you both will start to  feel better
soon, and get back to being your old selves.