[Dailydrool] Snoopy

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 30 20:58:03 PDT 2011

Hi all, momPerson here,

My oh my, so my basset hound isn't the only snarky one around eh?  I'd like to
say I don't know what's gotten into Snoopy butI suspect I do ... the girls have
started back to school.  That means everyone leaves around 7:30 most days and
nobody comes back till 3 when my husband and the girls get home from work and
school.  I CAN work from home, and I do a couple of days a week, but the dogs
have some days ... and Snoopy doesn't like change, and certainly not this
change.  And so what does he do?  Do you want a list?

1)  He's RUDE to Cyrus.  Guards doors or water bowls or toys or most anything
and snarks and makes rude sounds and lunges if Cyrus comes near.
2)  This evening we barbequed steaks and he jumped up into MY chair at the
table.  Well, it was off to the mancave which has an adjoining side yard for
that.  When he came back as I was clearing my place my husband was still
finishing.  A few moments later my husband called me to "do something about my
dog" and I found Snoopy standing ON the table eye to eye with my seated husband
with clear designs on the laters plate!!!!
3)  On Sunday I took Natalie to the movies.  She didn't finish her candy (peach
rings) so it was in my purse.  I was talking with my husband about the movie
when Natalie came running through the house shouting "Snoopy those are MINE!!!"
and cornered him out on a chaise lounge outside and got the bag of candy back.
He'd gotten into my purse on the sofa.
4)  This evening on his walk he was past all patience.  Howling and pulling and
carrying on like I don't know what, he was just over the top.
5)  I asked him to give an accouting for himself and he rolled over for belly
rubs and claimed to be adorable and kissed Cyrus who looked at me like I had
some nerve talking to HIS basset hound that way.

From what I read about Ben and Jelly Bean and the rest it seems the natives are
restless.  Phase of the moon?

Less than delighted momPerson
with Snoopy (I'm really really cute)
and Cyrus (he's just off his schedule, you have to make allowances ....)