[Dailydrool] Snoopy

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 11:43:06 PDT 2011

Dale:
Sounds to me as if Snoopy is being a normal young basset. Our Lady Jane was just like him when she was young--and maybe a bit more impish. If Snoopy is not a counter cruiser, be infinitely thankful. Jane got into so many things, I cannot begin to list them all. Accessible candy and a dinner plate are minor indiscretions, believe me.

I have had a table that my carpenter-brother made seriously chewed on, a steel-wool scrubbie swallowed (thankfully it was a one-strand variety and came back up eventually), and an unidentifiable object that had to be removed from Jane's stomach at great expense. After that last event, she pretty much calmed down, but she was eleven then, and it was time. I am just glad they were able to put a scope down her throat and pull the unidentified stomach object up, or she might have had a harder time of it.

Young bassets are usually not couch potatoes, at least, not if they're healthy. They begin to calm down at three, but the antics can go on much longer, as Jane can attest to.

There's a reason why bassets are considered the clowns of the dog community--and it's not a reason that often makes the slaves happy. But they are so delightful otherwise...or they will be once you start laughing at them.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets