[Dailydrool] drool needed please

A. Woodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Tue Aug 2 20:37:01 PDT 2011

Just read about Lucy and her kidney problems, and I want to tell a bit of a
long story here, I hope it will be helpful to anyone whose dog or cat is
diagnosed with kidney failure.

My parents had a dog, Daisy, who was diagnosed with kidney failure when she
was about 6 years old.  Their vet told them she had probably 3 to 4 months
to live.  Well, my Mom is an old retired nurse and a huge believer in
natural medicine, so she got me and another of my sisters to get on the
internet and start looking around for natural substances we could give Daisy
for her kidney failure.  We tried several different things, but this is what
ended up working best for Daisy.

First - RENELIX - it's a homeopathic preparation made in Germany for kidney
and liver problems, it's for humans and also works great for cats and dogs
with kidney problems.  My sister ordered it online for Mom.  Looking
quickly, so far this is the cheapest I've found:
http://theholisticdoctorisin.com/shop/product.php?productid=16583
<http://theholisticdoctorisin.com/shop/product.php?productid=16583&cat=261&b
estseller=Y> &cat=261&bestseller=Y  -- and you can read more at
http://www.askariel.com/product_details.asp?ItemID=48 but this site charges
more.

Second - Liquid (sublingual) B-Complex.  Mom said she buys it from Wal-Mart,
comes in a yellow and black package.  She would give the dog a couple of
squirts each day and she said it definitely helped.

Third - put a tiny amount of baking soda (bicarbonate of soda, like Arm &
Hammer) in the water bowl each day.  About half a teaspoon of soda in a
gallon of water.  Soda has been shown to slow down kidney disease in humans
and also animals, and it will not harm them.

FYI - Daisy lived for almost 4 more years, and died of cancer.  Her kidneys
were not great, but they were definitely still functioning when she died.
So don't give up on Lucy too soon, there are things you can do.

Anita Woodrum

awoodrum at clear.net

  _____