[Dailydrool] drool needed please

brierk at aol.com brierk at aol.com
Tue Aug 2 19:35:55 PDT 2011

Please forgive me for being more of a lurker than a contributor, but if any of your hounds could spare some drool, my Lucy could sure use it.  About a month ago, Lucy got very sick and refused to eat anything--very unlike her!  A trip to the vet resulted in labwork, a course of antibiotics, and a diagnosis of hypothyroidism and accompanying medication.  After a day or two on the meds, all was well again, with Lucy bounding around and stealing Lucky Charms from my daughter.  Well, this Sunday Lucy stopped eating again.  The labwork now is worse than last month, and the vet says that Lucy is showing signs of kidney failure.  Right now, Lucy is in the hospital for an overnight course of IV fluids and antibiotics, with more bloodwork to be done tomorrow.  The dr. said that if her numbers aren't better tomorrow, we will need to start thinking about what the best plan of action is.  A trip to the bridge is one possibility he mentioned.

Lucy is only 6 years old, and is my heart dog.  My daughter's cat died in June, and it's going to be really hard if we have another 4-legger go to the bridge.....

Kristi
Lucy