[Dailydrool] HGE

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 14:36:17 PDT 2011

Our very first Basset had this. It can be terrible. We wound up with so many
trips in with this, I don't know how that dog survived but it certainly
wasn't his friendly and pleasant nature!  He also had chronic pancreatitis,
meaning any time he ate ANYTHING besides dogfood he was desperately ill, and
that dog snarfed everything that hit the floor or was laying in the bushes,
and he BIT to keep it. One time we gave him a bowl of ice cream (a small
bowl, I swear) for finding our kitty who had gotten away, and he was in the
hospital for about 10 days.

You learn to head for the Vet at the very first sign of loose stools, or
mucus in the stools, or vomiting.
Sending drool to Jennifer's dog and magic Belgian Sheepdog Vibes.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper