[Dailydrool] Strange emails for puppies pt.1

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Wed Aug 3 08:56:26 PDT 2011

Vickie its a scam ... as you've probably already read from Alicia ...

The key is the "overage" .. you'd get a check, "deposit" it and then immediately go to western union or where ever to send the extra back/off/shipping company, etc..

The bank would find the check is invalid, pull the funds back from *your* account, and you'd be out the money because you didn't wait for the check to clear.

Old scam in the computer world... more than 6 years now.. just shifts around as needed, now finding new ways to "tug" on the susceptible by using text to voice services (originally for the impaired, now abused by the scammers)

Unlike Alicia's.. don't bother replying... just setup a spam filter or mark as spam on comcast's webmail etc... to block this user's emails ... report them through Spamcop.net if you want to try to get them in trouble with their ISP (if they aren't already using throwaway resources) ... but keep in mind .. once they have your email address, they will farm it out to more scammers and they will come at you with standard spam as well as more scams than you knew possible.

working with a rescue ... its funny to see some of the crap that people try to convince a rescue of... a Veterinarian that wants to donate their car to the rescue.. but the car is in Australia? .. oh kay then.. :)

and working through the spam lists every morning.. its almost funny to go through 5 or 10 lists and see the same sender and subject line appear in multiple public email boxes for the group..

Its a shame we, the open hearted basset folk that we are, have to deal with the riff-raff of the internet..

-Robert