[Dailydrool] Sorry - it's long

Sherri Jeakins hounddogmom.jeakins at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 16:39:46 PDT 2011

Sally, I don't normally comment on these just lurk.  But this time I felt
like I should maybe offer what we have just gone through.  I have
experienced the same symptoms with my 7 year old basset hound Cleo, she is a
rescue.  Well in the last month she had some tummy issues, but 2 weeks ago
she decided that walking wasn't going to happen very well, when I was home
lunch.  I rushed her to the vet and he thought bloat, but during the x-ray
he found what appeared to be a mis-alignment in her spine neck area (He said
Wobblers Syndrome).  She had such intense pressure that she was loosing the
feeling in her legs and especially her front shoulder/paw.  She could not
bring her paw back up if placed behind her.  She was placed on IV fluids for
3 days to reduce swelling to limit any nerve damage.  She came home walking,
slow very slow.  She just didn't ever seem right to me and we have a vet
close by that does Chiropractor/Acupuncture on dogs/animals.  So I scheduled
an appointment with her but it took a week to get into see her, we had to
keep Cleo as quite as possible till then.

Well I took her yesterday and she did not have a herniated disk (thank
goodness).  But had a gimp to her walk, she felt around and basically told
me poor Cleo's head was not screwed on straight. :)  Cleo had her tailbone
was raised up, her pelvis was twisted, her spine out in several spaces,
shoulder out alignment, neck was 1/4 inch off her spine.  No wonder the poor
girl could hardly walk and we have no idea what happened her.  Could have
been years of running, jumping normal wear/tear on her short little body.
She received an adjustment and we went home.  And oh my gosh I have a new
dog one day later.  Cleo is back on her feet in the morning , tail waggin,
prancing, barking.  I could not believe the difference this has done to
her.  Of course, she was really out of whack and a severe case.

But I just thought I would share my experience with this Vet and
Chiropractor on dogs, maybe it can help you out if you have something
available.  Just a tip I thought I would pass along that may help Rolph.
Also, I am sorry for your recent loss.

I have a blog that I am posting Cleo's visit to if you want to read it:
http://www.hounddogmom.blogspot.com

Sherri (HoundDogMom)