[Dailydrool] Names

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 08:23:15 PDT 2011

I love all of the creative names Droolers come up with.  We aren't all that
creative but one on my favorite basset names is Sherlock.  Our only boy was
named Sherlock Eeore Roams.  He liked to sneak away from us and visit the
neighbor boys while they played basketball.  I miss my old guy.

Our first dog was not a basset but was a wonderful dog.  Best manners I have
ever seen on a dog and no one taught her anything.  Her name was Rowdy and
she was a mutt.  For some reason my dad always called her Thaddeus P.
Cumquat.  I think that is a lovely dog name.  Just not for a girl.  She was
part bull dog and had a serious underbite.  I miss her too.

Shelby is doing ok.  Has a lot of trouble coming up the ramp to get in but
the DH put ridges on it so if she slides, she stops when she hits one of
them.  That way she doesn't go all the way to the bottom and have to start
over.  I've ordered her some SOD and Boswelia and I hope it comes soon.
Marley has some arthritis too so she will be getting some also.  Maybe it
will help with the grumpies.  I have never seen a basset with such a sour
expression on her face.  It would curdle milk.  She is a perpetual grump.

It is cloudy here today with a possibility of rain.  One can only hope.
Even Maggie doesn't like to go out in this heat and she likes to go out for
any reason.

Drool--Ninja, Marley-I am not gwumpies., Maggie, and Shelby