[Dailydrool] Basset names

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 12:57:06 PDT 2011

My little houndette is officially named Lady Ethel of Squiggy.  At the time
I had a yellow lab named Lenny (Lenny & Squiggy from Laverne and
Shirley) and a beagle named Lucy (hence the Ethel).

Dexter was originally Flash.  As anyone in rescue can tell you, you get a
lot of bassets named Flash, Fred and Daisy.  Since he was a foster, I had my
sister pick out a name.  She renamed him Dexter.  She liked the sound of
it.

A couple of favorites:

Foster (for a foster dog)
Phideau (pronounced Fido)
Jefferson B. Hound (my basset nephew)
Raven (a black bassador)

Jan with
Dexter (hehehe...my sister's middle name is Ethel)
Lady (don't laugh - you're named after a serial killer on cable tv)