[Dailydrool] Basset Names

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at att.net
Fri Aug 5 14:32:48 PDT 2011

This just had to make me go back through Utah Friends of Basset Hounds rescued hounds for some of the better names.
Carmella Sunday
Princess Laffy Taffy
Beauford T. Justice
Miss Bubbles
Sniper
MacDougal
Chili
McGee (he was older and we started calling him McGeezer--lost him within a short time to
canine flu and whatever unknown medical conditions a 10-11 year old might have.)
Tank (a couple of them)
Bogart
We recently had a Ruisseau (Rue-sew) supposedly french for river. Her family kept the name.

The only dog I ever had that was AKC, I wanted to use every single space on his form when
I paid the registration (even though he was neutered). He was Boontoons Freckle Fat Foot and
was our beloved Boonietoons.

Right now I have Bosley (formerly Scotch-he is a lemon-I think they were going for butterscotch)
Chester- we wanted to name him Eeyore but he would never go with the change.
Dobi -came with the name
Freddie- came with the name
Buster- foster dog- came with the name- He has Addison's disease and was on way
too much prednisone for a very long time before I got him, so is grossly overweight and
we can't get it off. We just call him Bus. As in "big, yellow, school".

Marilyn Briggs