[Dailydrool] Basset names

Damien/Carmen Kraus dkrausga at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 19:45:39 PDT 2011

I guess we are really weird....  ALL our non foster dogs are named after
sciencey type people, well all of them that we give new names to are
anyway, as well as nobel prize winners....

For example:
Tesla ATB (basset wanna be)  was named after Nikola Tesla, you know, the
guy who came up with alternating current and basically made plugging
things into a wall socket possible?  Not to mention the heavy metal band
Tesla.
Curie... Madame Curie... think x-rays.
Gus, even though he came to us with the name we found a suitable geek...
Gustav Hertz, lots of physics and quantum theory.
Kelvin, Ahem that's Lord Kelvin, lots of thermodynamics and the concept
of absolute zero in temperature.
Ada, after Ada Yonath, 2009 Nobel prize in chemistry.

But we are geeky like that and will probably always find a good name on
the nobel prize list or in the annals of an old physics book ;)

Carmen and herd