[Dailydrool] Basset Names

Akacare at aol.com Akacare at aol.com
Fri Aug 5 20:06:48 PDT 2011

My second Basset Hound came from GABR. He came into the house like
gangbusters, ate all the food and went looking for his foster mom, who had named
him Harley. He was a holy terror, always on the run, tore up anything he
could  get his teeth into, and loved to be chased.  We changed his name to
Charley  as to not cause him any undue stress (ha). He soon became known as
Charles  Foster (foster dog) Cain (as in always raising it), also like the  movie
Citizen Kane. He was also known as the "devil in a dog  suit". He was my
heart dog, we could talk about anything and we always had our  special Charley
Time every evening. He knew the names of his toys, could say  mama and
could steal food faster than the blink of an eye !! I had him for a  short 11
years and will miss him always - Charley ATB  05/2010.