[Dailydrool] collars

Georgia Powers georgiapowers at comcast.net
Sun Aug 7 08:39:00 PDT 2011

I found the best solution for Eugene is to wear a regular nylon collar with a boomerang tag on it ( thanks Bev for suggesting those!) that has his name, our phone number and my anal message " if alone, I'm lost"  engraved on it and then always use a harness for his walks, outdoor excursions. Somewhere I read that putting pressure on the neck with a leash attached to a collar isn't good for the basset anatomy so this works well for us. Since Eugene is never crated I don't worry that his collar will get stuck on something in his crate while we are out. I have the peace of mind of knowing that he is always wearing his id--plus he looks very handsome in his red collar!!! Georgia and Eugene