[Dailydrool] Collars

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Sun Aug 7 17:44:09 PDT 2011

I use a Martingale collar for walks, but Fred and Annie always have a belt collar on as well, even in the house.  Even though I live alone, so there aren't many people in and out, I still worry about one of them getting out if someone comes to the door.  I also think that, God forbid there was a fire or robbery, I want them to have identification on, just in case they got out and away in the midst of the chaos.  Perhaps this is a morbid though, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I have noticed that the Martingale collars loosen over time, and I have had them slip them (more often Annie, because she is more of a puller.)  Luckily they both seem to know how good they have it here and, when they do slip their collars, they just stand there and wait for me to re-lasso them.  I have been thinking of switching to harnesses because they do pull.  I think the harness will allow them to pull less, and I worry about hurting their necks when we have a "disagreement" as to which direction we will go!

Rose, Annie and Fred