[Dailydrool] Dogs teaching other dogs

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 08:15:08 PDT 2011

Our bassets seem to teach other dogs.  They are so helpful with
housetraining a new foster basset.  The new arrival seems to learn from the
resident dogs.  Sometimes a foster will learn to get over a fear by learning
from the bassets.  Our current foster Ollie was very confused and fearful of
us when he arrived.  Basset nephew Boomer was the one that approached him
and initiated play.  Now when we arrive home, instead of a warning bark from
Ollie - we get a joyous welcome.

Like Bev said, they can also teach other dogs bad things.  I firmly believe
that our bassets taught my shepherd Wolfgang (atb) how to countersurf.  It
was a sight to behold.

Our bassets have also taught Ollie that bassets belong on furniture.  Ollie
now gently climbs up on the ottoman or bed. Oh well I hope his future family
will be appreciate the bassets hard work teaching Ollie that.

Jan
Lady & Dexter (what's wrong sleeping on the furniture??)