[Dailydrool] PetCo

Deborah L Hartpence hartpence at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 16 09:21:10 PDT 2011

I have been reading the discussions on PetCo and wanted to chime in.  I love PetCo.  We have our BellyRubs meet n greet at the PetCo in Collierville, TN on the first Saturday of every month, and the manager there has always been very gracious to us. Before that, PetCo was my favorite store to shop in for my dog supplies and treats.  I am afraid that the whole store brand is going to get a bad reputation due to one or even a couple of bad managers.  We all have bad experiences in various aspects of our lifes, but the blame should be put where it belongs, and as has been stated several times, complain to the upper management, the home office, up the chain of command. But please don't condemn all the stores or all the hard working employees just because one is an idiot.  I really feel that the rescue is to blame also, for allowing their dogs to be out of control, and for not having responsible handlers there to take care of the problem.
Just my two cents, but I would hate for the PetCo chain to go out of business because people boycott the stores, without at least affording them an opportunity to correct any problem that exists.