[Dailydrool] Hugs

Ellen Cole erc2761 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 10:16:06 PDT 2011

All three of ours love petting and belly rubs.  Gracie Lou has only fairly
recently trusted us enough to bare her belly. Magnolia flips over anytime
and anywhere. She even did it yesterday as we arrived at the Vets office for
their annual physicals. The Vet Tech and, later, the Vet had no sooner
squatted down to basset level and Magnolia went into "Rub my belly!" mode!
Oliver enjoys them too...but he's so stiff-limbed that it's hard for him to
get into the belly rub position and he doesn't do it as much.

Hugs...are especially enjoyed by Gracie Lou. Gracie Lou just celebrated her
5th Gotcha Day with us. She was rescued from a puppy mill and has always
been VERY wary of people. She spent the first few months with us mainly in
the back of her kennel. She's still unsure about my husband. She will go to
him in very limited circumstances (like if he's the least scary of the
options...or if he's serving breakfast bowls). She loves me and she loves
our nephew who lives with us. There's nothing that quite warms my heart as
much as the moments when Gracie Lou is enjoying a hug. She burys her face
into me, closes her eyes and will just stay there for as long as I continue
to hug her. Since the first several years of her life were clearly
horrific...it's lovely that she trusts me enough now to hug her.

Ellen & Miss Magnolia & Gracie Lou FlatBasset & Oliver & Abigail (ATB)