[Dailydrool] Hugs

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 17:47:59 PDT 2011

The first night we had Jersey here, my (adult) daughter sat on the floor and
started to pull Jersey close to hug her. Well, let me tell you, Jersey made
it real clear that she was not going to allow that! She didn't snap but the
rumble came from her toes and she gave fair warning. Jersey was with us for
about three years before she trusted us enough to give up her belly for a
rub and would let us pull her close to snuggle with. Honestly, I respect her
enough that I never even tried to kiss her face until she started letting us
rub her belly! Now she very grudgingly will allow us to hug her and I don't
hesitate to put my face next to hers and kiss her. It was a long time coming
though.

Shadow loves to be loved! She is the DH's Houndette and you will always find
her in his lap being hugged and snuggled. Ginger will climb into my lap (all
65 pounds of her!) and put her head under my chin and bury herself in me.
It's so sweet it would break your heart. This is the dog who becomes Cujo in
a nano second but never with people, only the other dogs. If you ever saw
her in action you would probably NEVER put your face near hers but I trust
her. I hope that she never proves me wrong!

Suzy is a little stand offish. She likes to sit on the couch with us and be
partly on our laps but is not the soft snuggler that the other two young
ones are. She hadn't been socialized at all when she came to us at five
months old after having been crate abused for months and we were afraid that
she would never like us. She has finally come around and tolerates us
hugging her and loving her but I don't know that she really likes it. Then
there is the foster bup, Tybee. He's a mess! He's way too busy to slow down
long enough for anything other than a quick pet here and there but, when he
is finally ready to crash, he's glad to climb up with one of us for a good
snuggle and some loving. I'm trying to not get too attached but it's
impossible. This little guys is a lover and is going to make someone a
wonderful companion!

I'm sure BobtheDog has made his grand entrance and been joyfully welcomed by
old friends and new. There is a heck of a party going on tonight at the
bridge!

The Houndettes and Ty send get well and heart healing drool to all in need.
I'm hoping the bridge doors close for a while now.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shaow, Suzy & Ginger
with foster bup, Ty