[Dailydrool] Hot Spots

Brenda Weddle bweddlern at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 24 11:05:02 PDT 2011

"For about 2 years now, I have been using a product called Vetericyn to treat
hot spots. I have a rough Collie as well as a Basset with skin problems that
both get hot spots from time to time. For me, this is the best product I
have found for this problem. It's so effective a lot of times you can get
away without clipping the fur and just applying this stuff to the problem
area. It's very effective and also expensive. But, a little does go a long
way. I'm pretty sure it can only be bought on line. I use the HydroGel
Spray.

Diane "

I swear by Vetericyn. We have a husky who got into it with our 90 lb Lab. The husky got the worst end of it. I sprayed the Hydrogel on her wounds several times a day and within a couple of weeks, she was all healed with no infection. I get it at the County Co-Op and Rural King, and I am sure it would be available at other farm supply stores. It is expensive ($36.00 for 16 oz), but it doesn't take much and it works wonders. Well worth the price! You can get a version for eyes and another one for ears. You can also use it on cats, horses, etc.

Brenda and the Thundering Herd