[Dailydrool] Pancreatitis

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Sun Aug 28 12:23:01 PDT 2011

Thanks for all your helpful posts.  Pixel's levels were coming down and last
night we thought we'd be bringing her home today.  Now they have risen
higher (this is the 4th day).  They will be doing an ultrasound tomorrow and
at this point we keep visiting her and becoming more worried.  We lost one
basset years ago to pancreatic cancer so you can imagine where our fears are
going...Our vet whom we have used and trusted for 30 years, said it is not
unusual for the levels to fall and then rise.  She is on IV fluids and pain
meds and has had no vomiting since the first day.  All of her kidney, liver,
etc. values are normal so we are hoping and praying.

Anyone else have the amylase and lipase levels begin falling and then spike.
 Our vet says that this is not unusual...

Sally