[Dailydrool] Leather in a Different Form

Kelly Jane Wilson chincoteaguegal at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 17:03:07 PST 2011

I finally found what I've been looking years for. A Pueblo-style ladder, rough hewn, side pieces are small tree trunks and the rungs are whittled wood held onto the side pieces with rawhide strips. Very rustic and very absolutely better than I hoped for ADORABLE with some of my quilts displayed on it.

It lasted about a day and a half. Then Mary Myrtle and Gigi discovered the rawhide ties on the lowest rung. Myrtle listened to me when I told her to knock it off. Not Gigi. She chewed. She gnawed. I put Tabasco on it. She sneezed and lickey lickey licked and continued to gnaw. I sadly took the quilts off and put the ladder in the garage.

The cats are enjoying the stack of quilts to sleep on.

I do have leather furniture, some amazingly cheap stuff from what I call the Disposable Furniture Store, since the cats destroy most everything fabric. The leather has held up wonderfully well and I would not hesitate to recommend leather to most anyone. Just not leather rawhide ties holding rungs onto an adorable Pueblo ladder. Heavy sigh.

Oh. You recall the little dog Elizabeth wrote about. Care to guess who her forever home is??? Not a Basset. Not an old dog. Not a large dog. Beats me how it happened. She picked me and I picked her and I am still baffled. But she is here and she is a delight and she is fitting right in with rest of The Gang.

Kelly Jane and the Wilson Gang