[Dailydrool] Mouse truffles

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 20:54:33 PST 2011

Dear Conley,
I used to live with a big cat named Lynx. Lynx was a very good mouse catcher and devourer. We often saw Lynx wandering around the house with a mouse tail hanging from the corner of his mouth--then, slurp--in it went like a strand of spaghetti and was gone. Lynx never got sick. Occasionally he would share a mouse with the rest of us. He gave me one once and I swallowed it whole, but then I upchucked it just like you did. I don't think bassets were meant to eat mice. But our mom was the worst mouse recipient. Sometimes Lynx would eat the head off the mouse and then leave the rest on mom's pillow for her to eat as a bedtime snack. She never ate them--she just screamed. Go figure. And after awhile, mom never crawled into her bed without checking all the linens and covers first. Yours in bassetude, Harley of Hawaii