[Dailydrool] SO Sad Basset Boy hit by a Car?

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Thu Dec 1 22:06:11 PST 2011

Tonight the phone rang at ten till ten we were watching the Fugitive on TV
(we have seen it a few times but like to watch it over and over agin
Harrison Ford does a fine job) and on the other end of the line was a woman,
she had just seen a Basset in the road cut on his back, gravel in his fur
looked like he had been hit by a car. So my husband and I get in the car,
the call was from 40 miles away we drive drive drive and when we get there
this poor emaciated older boy was just lying there . He cannot lift his
tail, he is so weak he can hardly walk but no broken bones it we do not
think, small amounts of blood on his rump so the cut is either not too deep
or has coagulated. He looks he used to be a good looking boy!
We  just now got him back home here and examined him some. He is a bag of
old Basset Bones with, broken rotten teeth, peeled away dried up skin down
his back, but we think he is going to be just fine. We will take him to the
vet in the morning first thing and see what needs to be done with him.
Tonight he is safe sound and warm, after vetting we will try to find him a
good home.
Such is the life of a rescuer midnight here now we will sleep a good sleep
and to the vet tomorrow.

Chris Bly
Western Missouri Basset Rescue, inc.
http://wmbri.org