[Dailydrool] Fw: Lexi getting separation anxiety at her ageA?

lexismom1 at sbcglobal.net lexismom1 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 2 05:20:03 PST 2011

Catherine DuBois

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: "lexismom1 at sbcglobal.net" <lexismom1 at sbcglobal.net>
To: dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sent: Thu, December 1, 2011 9:09:30 AM
Subject: Lexi getting separation anxiety at her ageA?

My Lexi is 7, and she has always been ok with me leaving the house.  I put her
in my kitchen, with a baby gate, and she has her bed in there.  Lately, well,
the last few months I have noticed when I am getting ready to leave the house,
she starts trembling.  I noticed last winter when I would let her in, she was
trembling a little, and thought she was just cold.. but now I leave, anytime,
she starts shaking.  I have had blood work done (because of her anal gland
issues), so I dont think its anything physical.  A co worker suggested giving
her a treat when I leave.  Has anyone had a "shaky" Basset when they leave their
home?  I feel so guilty, its just her and me, and I do spend every evening at
home with her, and take her to the dog park.

Catherine, Lexi's forever but  guilt ridden momma dog