[Dailydrool] My dd card photo shooting adventure...

Mucci, Annette Annette.Mucci at us.hjheinz.com
Mon Dec 5 13:33:02 PST 2011

Stupid me...thought I would try something different for the cards this
year and get all the dogs a special xmas hat.

With it being so nice this past weekend, I thought I would try outside
by this really pretty pine tree in the yard.

Out with the boxers, one santa hat, one elf hat and a pocket of treats.
A few sits and stays, DH is swearing at me and the boxers as they bounce
around trying to shake the hats off...we got one pic not with the tree
but with hats on, dogs sitting.  OK.  Whew.  I'm sweating my patootie
off cause I'm the one doing all the work while DH stands behind me with
the camera, shouts directions and swears in frustration.

Next come the bassets.

Schroeder, Sophie and little Lucifer, whoops I mean Lucy...I get
bassets, santa hat, red bow and elf hat and more treats.  We all go
bouncing into the yard...Yea this if fun.  Woo hoo.

I put santa hat on Schroeder, Lucy grabs and takes off.  I tackle her
and go back.  Put bow on Sophie, Lucy grabs and runs again.  Dad slave
swearing like crazy now.  I bring everyone back again.  Huffing and
puffing, I put elf hat on Lucy.  It's a stop, drop and roll.  While
she's rolling, I hurry to put santa hat and red bow back on the other
two.

Lucy stops rolling, the elf hat is off, grabs Sophie's bow and runs like
hell again.

I say screw trying to take all three at once, let her run with the bow.
Sophie decides to wonder off.  OK - Just focus on taking Schroeder's
picture.  By this time, I'm huffing and puffing, the DH is ready to kill
me, and I bring out the treats and sit on ground by pine tree and
Schroeder.  He perks up - Ahh, good boy!  Wanna a treat?!  Sit
pretty....hurry up DH and snap the pic.  Well in those 3 seconds - the
smell of the beef in the air now bring Sophie & Lucy back.  I'm now
battling three bassets all trying to get their snooters in my sweats
pockets to get the extra treats I have tucked away.  I say, did you get
his picture? grumble grumble.  UGH.  Ok.  Next take Sophie by herself.
I'm pushing the other two out of the way while kneeling on ground. Did
you get a good pic?  YESSSS.  Ok.  Now Lucy.  DH...snap, snap.

He throws camera at me and says I don't know why the hell you try to do
this, I'm done, you're on your own and walks away...

I'm left standing with a muddy santa hat, a mangled red bow, an elf hat
missing an ear, a camera holding what could be the worst xmas pictures
of all time, and three bassets now sitting pretty right in front of me
because I still have treats in my pockets.  I look at them and curse as
they bat those pretty basset eyes at me...  This should definitely be a
card to remember...or not...

This communication is intended for the use of the addressee
only and may contain information that is privileged or
confidential. If you are not the addressee, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or use of this
communication is prohibited. If you received this
communication in error, please destroy it, all copies and any
attachments and notify the sender as soon as possible. Any
comments, statements or opinions expressed in this
communication do not necessarily reflect those of H.J. Heinz
Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates.