[Dailydrool] Which Waddle?

Barbara Sorensen b.a.sorensen at att.net
Tue Dec 6 09:09:35 PST 2011

I wish we could have been in two places at once!  This year we actually managed
to get out of town and go to a December waddle.  We chose the Charleston Waddle
as being the warmest, plus it gave us a chance to visit friends here in the
South.
Thanks to Sharon Gilbert and all the CBHR folks for putting on a great event.
We enjoyed socializing and won some great stuff at the silent auction and
auction.  Some if it will be offered for raffle or woofle to benefit the Greater
Mpls/St. Paul Basset Hound Club and some is staying at the Sorensen house (like
I need more basset art).  We're still at Folly Beach enjoying the warm.
Willie, Duncan and I rode the pooped pup truck, as Willie's back had decided to
act up.  I was so proud of Duncan.  He is our least experienced waddler, but he
sat or stood nicely and the crowd loved the reindeer antlers we found at
Target.   There is snow at home and it got down to 5 above last night.  The boys
love walking on the beach and the Charleston area is very dog-friendly.  We went
to the dog park at James Island county park yesterday and then back there to the
3 mile lighted Christmas display.  Spectactular!
However, it would have been fun to be in Berea, too.  The waddle sounds like fun
and we know a lot of people who were there.  You do a wonderful job, Marilyn.
We'll keep it on our list of things to do.  We talked to several people at the
waddle on Sunday who didn't know there were any others in the country.  It was
our pleasure to tell them about all the waddle opportunities we could think of.
All the boys are sound asleep right now, it's been a tiring event for them.
They seem to enjoy all this traveling and Copper, esp. eats up all the
attention.

Barb, mom to Copper, Wilbur, Duncan and Buddy the not-a-basset and Max and
Gretta (ATB)