[Dailydrool] Harness recommendation

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 13:12:44 PST 2011

Holly, the foster who came to us this summer after we lost Abner, is a buxom girl, to say the least. I currently have her in Abner's old harness, which the vet's office put on him after his back surgery. But every time she balks, the back of the harness pulls up, so that it halfway turns inside out. I think the design just doesn't work on her body, even though it was fine for Abner, who was her masculine equivalent.

I looked online at rescues and didn't find harnesses, though there were lots of collars and leashes. I did a search online for harnesses and got a gazillion tiny-dog models, the ones made out of mesh, which Holly would certainly destroy in a day, if there was even one to encompass her 33" chest.

Can anyone recommend a harness that will fit a matronly basset? I'd prefer something a bit stylish, but if we have to go simply for fit in the end, I will do so. And if we could buy through rescue, that would be terrific.

Don't breathe a word of this to Holly, since it's her Christmas gift!
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets