[Dailydrool] Harness recommendation

Esther Strom esthermstrom at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 10:29:40 PST 2011

Have you considered a front-ring harness? a) they're better for the
back/neck than a standard harness; and b) if you buy from the original
manufacturer (http://www.softouchconcepts.com/) they will spend time on
the phone with you to make sure you get the correct size and that it's
adjusted correctly, even on the strange basset physique.

They don't come in particularly fancy pretty designs, unfortunately, but
they do have a number of colors available.

I've used one of these on both Waldo ATB after his back surgery, and
Basil because he has back and neck arthritis. I also used one on my
previous foster, Rebel, because he was a huge puller and the front-ring
really helps prevent that. I'd definitely recommend it.

-Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB