[Dailydrool] dog pictures

Alicia Pool apool at wolfrogersdickey.com
Wed Dec 7 07:45:29 PST 2011

I have been chuckling at the stories of Droolers trying to get nice shots
of their bassets for the card exchange.  I haven’t even tried, but might
get brave and participate one of these years.  Like yours, my gang is not
high in the cooperation department and so I have no really good photos of
any of them.  However, I have to share about my son’s Australian Shepherd
and photography.  To make this basset related, Sam is my Flo’s bestest
friend.

While at my son’s home recently, I noticed that he had received an 18x20
official Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity photo from last year.  The print contained
headshots of each individual fraternity member that year dressed up in
suits and ties – all these handsome young men looking very serious and
proper, except for the guy who also had a pink bandana on his head.  In the
middle is a photo of Sam with the caption “Sam – Mascot” underneath.  And
the picture of him is PERFECT – sitting perfectly – head held in a regal
position looking straight at the camera.  I marveled at it because he
seemed to exude the same seriousness as the young men whose mascot he was,
and because I thought how my dogs would never sit that way for a great
picture.  So now Sam is part of a great picture that hangs on the wall of
the fraternity house to document the members from the 2010-2011 school year
for all posterity . . .

Alicia Pool