[Dailydrool] All moved in

Sally King sally.king at nqe.com
Wed Dec 7 07:36:24 PST 2011

I cannot remember how much of my recent house "adventures" I have shared with the Drool - things have happened so fast, but the quick update is:

I sold my house. The house I was buying fell through when the woman decided to sell to someone else. We moved into a rental on Friday. On Monday "Mrs Mad" found out her new buyer had let her down. We have exchanged contracts. We move into the house we wanted in January.

So, this means Rolph and Clara have been to stay with the XH for a few days so we could safely move without their help. They came home on Sunday.

The rental has steep stairs. Clara hasn't noticed, but poor Rolph was struggling. Then  on Monday he was unable to stand up. I went hysterical. I carried him  downstairs, gated the stairs off, locked them in the kitchen so he couldn't even try and get on furniture etc and prayed. By Tuesday evening he was fine again, but I am keeping the stairs gated - much to his displeasure - and carrying him up and down stairs.

This morning I was off to work. I STUPIDLY left my packed lunch in the kitchen "out of their reach". MY FAULT. How long have I owned Rolph? I returned to get my lunch just in time to see the sandwiches disappear down Rolph's throat and a bar of chocolate down Clara's. STUPID. STUPID. STUPID.

By now I was running late for work. I had to decide if there was enough actual chocolate to harm Clara. I had no emetics in the house. I decided she might get the squits, but that would be all.  Warned daughter who was heading home early from college. No crisis, thank goodness.

Now worried that in four weeks' time, I will once again be trying to settle them in to a new home . . . . which also has stairs, but not as steep, or as many.

Sally, with PW Rolph OEBE and Clara, UK