[Dailydrool] Howlidays at our house

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 04:38:56 PST 2011

I know I'm not the only one with four (or more) bassets.  I'm very thankful
for the drool as it makes me feel a bit less INSANE!  I also picked up
great advice for dealing with a buppy and a christmas tree.  Our fancy
pre-lit tree is still up in the storage closet.  We bought a small REAL
tree and placed it on a table in the hallway.  As I put up each precious
ornament (especially my Tana triplet ones), Guinness grabbed the paper and
ran off.  Before I was done, I had shredded white paper everywhere.  I'm
thinking it was his idea of a "White Christmas".  As soon as I climbed the
ladder, he'd run in and steal a box or paper and shred it.  VERY glad the
tree is up and safe from "Mr. Distructo."  I'm estimating that my last
wooden coffee table will be nothing but sawdust before he's done.  This
poor table already lost all its corners to Gallagher when he was a buppy (3
years ago).  Can you say "after Christmas sale"?   (metal and glass for me!)
Miss Poppy's blood work continues to improve.  She's really reacting well
to her treatment.  She's as vocal as ever.
Gallagher is on his low fat food with fish oil.  What torment it is to
Guinness that there are only 3 bowls to play musical bowls with each night.
 Hopefully his pancreas tests will go well.  He's my HUGE mushy boy.
MacKenzie is (well) MacKenzie.  No matter what she eats (amount or type),
she doesn't lose weight.  She just loves Guinness and he adores her.
We finally got the "quartet" to sing.  I came home the other day and heard
Poppy barking (she starts it all).  Then MacKenzie's DEEP howl.  Followed
by Gallagher's "ALTO" howl.  Then....  the "Soprano" Guinness.  I kept
fumbling with my iphone but didn't get the record button hit until they
stopped.
Our son comes "home" next week for 9 days.  He hasn't met Guinness yet.
 Gallagher was always "his" dog.