[Dailydrool] Thank you, my dearest friends, for sending me "heroes" howliday cards!

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Mon Dec 12 05:04:46 PST 2011

To my utter surprise and delight, wonderful bassets have been waddling
into my mailbox every day.  Herds of them, some wearing bells or  Santa caps or
even antlers.  Without telling me, dearest Amanda had put me  on the list
of Droolers who couldn't take part in the card exchange this year,  but who
could really use the howliday cheer.

I started to cry when I realized what she -- and you -- had done.

I've tried writing this post a couple of times and I can't find the right
words to thank you, and to say how much this means.  You'll never know how
I need these cards (and the friendship and caring they signify) right now.
I can't remember when anything has touched me, and had as much meaning for
me,  as these cards do.

I love the howliday card exchange.  I was even one of the  original handful
who took part in the very first one back in -- 1994?   But I've just
received a tough diagnosis (not life-threatening, but a hard  and scary road to
come), and over the last month have spent 15 days at the  hospital
(outpatient) for difficult pre-surgery treatments and procedures, so I  wasn't able to
take part this year.

But when I wearily and sadly come home each day from the hospital, what to
my wondering eyes should appear but cards!  Basset cards!  Silly  basset
faces and poses to cheer me up and make me feel warm and fuzzy (like a  buppy)
inside.  And sweet notes from caring friends -- more than friends,  you
have all become my extended Daily Drool family.

It's with love and humility and lack of the right words that I want to
thank all of you for giving me this anchor right now.  I've always known  that
the card exchange was fun.  But until now I didn't realize how it's
something deeper.  I'll get all "goopy" when I talk about it, but these  cards are
my own healing, calming magic.

I just want everyone to know that in sending these howliday cards to people
 on the "heroes" list, you're doing more than just sending cards.  I've
been  sending the heroes cards for years, but I never knew the power and
meaning  of these tangible little gifts of caring and remembrance until I was on
the  receiving end.

Thank you, my dear Drool family, for being with me in this tough time, and
bringing the true meaning of the howlidays to my heart.

Love,
Beth H. (Duchess ATB and Blueberry  ATB)