[Dailydrool] Cricket

TC Hull thull at grantcounty.net
Mon Dec 12 12:54:54 PST 2011

Hi Everyone!

Wanted to post and let you know that we adopted Cricket from GABR on
December 3rd.  She is 9 months old.  She was born in March as my Maggie
was.  I still miss Maggie but Cricket has helped us fill with the hole
that Maggie has left.  She is still a lot "puppy", so much energy.  It
has been a while since a pup has been in the house!  She is house broken
which helps immensely.  She is somewhat long legged, and has loooong
ears and beautiful eyes.  She is liver and white.  She has a crooked
front leg, which I hardly notice any more.  I forget what the condition
is called but it's like she has an extra elbow bone and her front foot
turns out quite a bit.  It does not slow her down at all.  I do worry
that it may cause her some problems when she gets older.  I am going to
take her to the vet and get his opinion.  But for now she is healthy and
happy with us.  My husky Kita is doing fine with her, but sometimes she
gives me a look like she is saying "get this kid away from me!"  Cricket
loves to tussle with Kita.  Kita.....not so much sometimes, but she has
been very patient I must say.  I feel we got a really good basset, she
is smart, very pretty, and makes me happy.  I was so much down after
losing Maggie, Cricket is helping with that.  I hope that Maggie
approves!!  I know that Maggie is healthy and happy now and wants us to
be happy.

Merry Christmas to all of you.  Thank you again for being so supportive
when my Maggie went to the Bridge.  I will never ever forget that, I
tell everybody about how truly wonderful this Daily Drool community is.

TC Hull

.