[Dailydrool] This & that

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 06:27:59 PST 2011

I hope you take a minute to look at the Pioneer Woman's blog. Here's a link:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/blog/2011/12/10-things-i-love-about-charlie/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thepioneerwoman+%28Confessions+of+a+Pioneer+Woman%29
She
was able to put into words exactly how I feel about my hounds. Gosh, I wish
I could write like this lady does!

We've only got a few more days to get CBHR up to the top so please continue
to vote every day. There isn't a rescue out there that can't use that prize
for their hounds! Also, I hope all of you are voting in the Pepsi Challenge
every day. I know it seems like all of us in rescue are begging you to vote
for one thing or another all of the time but this is one way that you can
give without it hitting your pocket. Honestly, it only takes just a few
extra seconds when your done voting for the Shelter Challenge so please
vote for both every day.

I've had a couple of people contact me about Tybee recently so the DH and I
are starting to brace ourselves to have him leave. We've gone through this
once already but it didn't work out and Ty came back in less than a day
because one of the lady's dogs was being really nasty with him. I'm so glad
she just let him come back and didn't try and work things out. She had a
nasty little ankle biter that was being really mean to Tybee. The dog was
fine when we were visiting but I guess she figured out that he may become a
permanent resident and didn't like that one bit. Thank goodness Ty is a
lover not a fighter or he could have had that little dog for lunch! We'll
see how the next try works out. The DH was sitting on the couch the other
night with Tybee on his lap and I heard him mutter that we were not going
to EVER foster again. I'm pretending that I didn't hear him say it but
honestly, I feel the same way right now. It's one thing to have our fosters
come and go in a month or so but Tybee has been a part of our family since
July and we love him. Of course, there will be another hound that needs to
be rescued and I'm sure we'll step up but we fall in love with every hound
that comes to our home. I think we're both closet hound hoarders!

The Houndettes and Tybee are slinging drool laced with prayers from me to
all in need. Elder Clara needs to slam those heavenly gates shut for a
while and take a good long nap!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger
with foster boy Tybee