[Dailydrool] Dascha

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 04:09:57 PST 2011

Uhhhhh. No. Sorry. She has not learned the word no. This is the first step
in Basset training of the Slave: Make them think you care.
Slowly, you will find the word "no" is less and less important to your
Basset pup than other words like "treeeeets!" and "cheese" and it happens
because for the first ten months of life with a Basset ALL you are saying
is NO.

Joking aside. Remember that following the word NO if the dog stops, SHE
MUST BE REWARDED instantly. Absolutely.Carry treats with you all the time.
Telling her no without a reward (I am sure you know this anyway) is not
teaching her what is GOOD. Only what is bad. She is still not sure what you
WANT her to do so tell her NO, give a treat and give her a toy of her own
to chew.  Even Bassets can learn this.

I don't know how old she is but she sounds young. Is she teething? If so, a
washcloth, soaked in water, wrung out and knotted and then frozen is an
excellent toy. Soothes those gums. If she is older and chewing, she is
bored.

My opinions only and worth what you paid for them. She sounds like a
wonderful Basset to me.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis (it's my toy) Conley (It's MY toy) and Cooper
(Sorry: MY TOY).