[Dailydrool] Leaving harnesses on?

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Tue Dec 13 08:05:14 PST 2011

My mom is getting Fred and Annie the Gentle Leader Easy Walk Harnesses for Christmas.  They pull like crazy and, after 4 years, I'm done!  I'm not sure that these will solve all of our problems, because they don't only pull ahead of me, but come to a dead stop behind me, and refuse to move.  I know that if they pull ahead, the harness will cause them to spin around.  Not sure what will happen if they lag behind, but I guess it's better than what we're doing now (which is them doing whatever they want, me having my arms pulled out of the sockets and yelling like a crazy woman!)

I'm thinking that it won't be very easy to get the harnesses on them (especially Fred, who thinks that I'm constantly out to get him whenever I have to give him medicine, clean a cut on his nose, wipe goobers from his eye, etc.)  My question is for those of you who use harnesses:  Can I just leave the harnesses on them at all times?  Do you think they would be uncomfortable, or dangerous in anyway (like I don't leave their Martingale collars on them when I'm not with them)?   They get so excited to go out in the morning and when I get home from work, that's it's hard enough to lasso their collars around their necks.  I can't imagine catching them to put a harness on!

Thanks,
Rose, Annie and Fred (we are not sure that we really WANT these Christmas presents...)