[Dailydrool] Ben scores it big.

DDropp at aol.com DDropp at aol.com
Tue Dec 13 20:11:34 PST 2011

Well, Ben has really endeared himself to my wife the last 2 days. We
entertained people the last two nights, and Ben was up to the challenge. As the
guest arrived last night, Ben kept heading for the table with the food. He
got a  cracker or two before they came, so wife made me put a leash on him.
No real  problems until they left, and as he was sitting on his chair, we
felt we could  say goodbye to the guests-WRONG. left him for 30 seconds, and he
was at the  table grazing. He even got a few licks in at the cheese ball,
which I did not  tell Kathy about. Tonight was even worse. Brought him in
from the walk to find  my wife wiping up the kitchen floor, as the new
refrigerator's ice maker was on  the fritz and leaked water over the floor, no ice.
Send David out to buy ice.  Then just before the guest come, Kathy puts the
food on the table, and Ben is  resting on his bed next to me in the computer
room. She does not tell me the  food is out. I get up to wind my clock, Ben
gets up and goes to the table and  pulls the cheese and sausage platter off
the table and is scarfing the stuff  down and the door bell rings with the
guest as Kathy is picking up sausage and  cheese off the floor. Leash goes
on Ben and I sit with him to keep him out of  trouble. After they go, leash
goes off and Ben goes to the table. Gets some  stollen and as few other items
before we get the table cleared. He had a grand  night.

Douglas