[Dailydrool] Oh dear, they're all coming HERE

Mr Shannon R Gerdel bassethoundbutler at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 21:21:49 PST 2011

I heard this awful crash in the bedroom earlier. I rolled into the bedroom,
only to find the boys getting Cathy and I's suitcases out. (It reminded me
of watching the old Charlie Brown movies where Snoopy packs and takes his
dish with him.) I asked the two of them what it is they thought they were
doing.... Of course, immediately, if not sooner, they both dropped the
suitcases, and gave me the "We're not doing anything Dad" innocent look.
You know the look I am referring to. The one that you see right before the
Basset related tragedy.

It was then that I noticed that they had gotten into the hall closet, and
taken all but a meals worth of dog food, and all of the treats, and packed
them into my good sleeping bags. Needless to say, at this time, my
daughter, Babe, comes completely UNHINGED. If there is one thing that she
likes to do, it is EAT. So she starts fighting with them over the dog food,
and the treats. I used to have a really nice sleeping bag,,,,now, I have a
pile of assorted sizes of zippers, filler material, and the ensuing fight
has dog food spread from the bedroom to the front door.

As I survey the damage, I think to myself, "What on EARTH brought on this
display of Basset-related insanity? It's then that I notice over by the
computer to very large puddles of drool. I don't mean a teaspoonful, I mean
a bucketful. One were Boomer must have been, and the other one is obviously
were Harley had been. It's then that I notice a piece of paper that has the
following words scribbled on it:

"da grewsome toosome of da Caspaw Cwew is goin souf to wait for Santa Paws.
We is gonna go to Texas, and wait for da fat man dat we see on da
tewebishion to come down da chimknee." I think that's when the arguement
kind of escalated as da Boo-man said to Harley that he knows dat people
inTexas don'ts got no chimpknees, cause it don't get dat cold down dere. I
noticed on the computer a screen for mapqwest, Google earth, and all kinds
od other travel related items.

Annoyed as all get out, but still ever curious to see what kind of trip
they wanted to take, I saw permanent black marker on my laptop screen
around a post from the Daily Drool family. The part that they had tried to
draw a paw around? It said the following:

"So for Christmas I make an old-fashioned Sunday dinner, with roast beef
and carrots and potatoes, green beans, gravy, fruit salad, hot rolls and
several desserts.   Nothing from cans or boxes, it's all fresh."and then
they attempted, notice, I say attempted, to draw another paw around this: "
of course the dogs get to help clean plates after dinner, they each get a
nice plate of leftovers.   The cats hate having company"

I have since GROUNDED ie: they are on LOCK DOWN, the two that created the
puddle of drool times two, ruined my best sleeping bag, destroyed a new bag
of high quality food, all the bag of treats,  chewed up magic black marker,
a suitcase combo no longer fit for human use, and my LAPTOP screen. Not to
mention the fact that my daughter is now peed right totally and completely
off.I keep hearing the following types of phrases from the cells, oops, I
mean "crates"

I dond nos wats he be so upsetty abouts. AQccordin to da maps, it's just a
couple of paw pads wits aways, how fur can it be? We's gonna come bek
Daddy, but Auntie Anita gots all dats go0od fud, and she eben wudda wet us
wick da pwates. Yuse neber wet us wick da pwates Daddy. I put in earplugs
when I heard da Boo-man whine:

She eben hadded cats fur us to chase, oops, I meaned pway wif..... I
haven't decided if I'm going to let them out, or take them to the airport
and send them to Texas. You can guess what Babe would like I should do with
em..........   or, I'll leave them here, and Babe and I will take a trip.

I guess the upside is there is plenty of drool flowing out of Casper,
Wyoming tonight.

Houndie Hugs and Snooter Kisses frum da Caspaw Cwew! Yours in Dwool,

Babe

Boomer

Harley

Arnie ATB

Butler Shannon-DDOD (Dat dum ol dad; an absowute total, compwete BassetCase)

Mr. Shannon R Gerdel

3583 Meadowlark Drive

Casper WY 82604

(307) 472-0163